1) What is the latitude and Longitude of North Head
2) What is the name and phone number of the electricity line company responsible for power lines in the Auckland region.
3) What mode is used for AREC HF voice transmissions
4) What type of radio transmission has the emission designator J3E
5) What PRS repeaters are active in Auckland
6) On an NZ Topographical map what is the name of the grid lines which run vertically on the map?
7) What is the repeater split used for ESB band repeater channels
8) How many short term special purpose repeater channels are licensed for the 70cm band
9) What are the lowest and highest tones used in the standard CTCSS system
10) What channel is used for Auckland Region primary command and control by Auckland Emergency Management and where is the repeater located.
11) What channel does the STSP repeater at Kohukohunui in the Hunua Ranges operate on
12) What does the abbreviation ALE mean in relation to HF radio
13) What is the name and abbreviation given to the Control Centre for a Regional Level response
14) What does STSP stand for
15) What is the AREC callsign prefix for stations in the Canterbury District
16) In a CIMS coordination center what function is identified by the colour Dark Blue
17) What does the abbreviation CTCSS stand for
18) What is the name and abbreviation of the agency which took over from The Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management as the Government lead agency for emergency management
19) What is the name and abbreviation given to the Control Centre for a National Level response
20) Where would you find the rules relating to the use of radio callsigns in NZ
21) What is the location of 400 East Coast Rd in Lat/Long coordinates
22) How many UHF PRS repeater channels are there and what are the channel numbers.
23) In a CIMS coordination centre what function is identified by the colour White
24) What is the Te Reo Maori name for AREC
25) What is the repeater split used on the Marine VHF band
26) What channels are designated for inter-agency liaison in the ESB band
27) What is the name and abbreviation given to the Control Centre for an Incident Level response
28) What are the four official CIMS response levels
29) What class of search and rescue operation would be initiated for a missing aircraft
30) In CIMS terminology what is the name of the location where an Incident Controller and Incident Management Team coordinate and manage an incident level response.
31) What DMR talk group would be used for AREC purposes
32) What CTCSS tone does the STSP repeater at Kohukohunui in the Hunua Ranges use
33) In a CIMS coordination centre what function is identified by the colour Pink
34) What are the frequencies of the lower and upper boundaries of the ESB band
35) What is the repeater input frequency of the 6625 Klondyke repeater
36) What is the latitude of the Southern limit of the New Zealand Search and Rescue Region area.
37) Where is the Auckland backup Emergency Coordination Centre
38) Which of the layers of the ionosphere is responsible for most HF propagation
39) What does the abbreviation ICP mean?
40) In a CIMS coordination centre what function is identified by the colour orange
41) What does NVIS mean?
42) What is the DMR country code for New Zealand
43) Where is the Auckland Emergency Coordination Centre located
44) What does the abbreviation EIRP stand for
45) What is the name for the region covered by the New Zealand Distress and Safety Radio Service
46) Where would you obtain a weather forecast for the next 24 hours
47) What organisation provides funding to AREC for services to Search and Rescue
48) What amateur bands are most likely to be used for communication using NVIS
49) Under the CIMS system what is an EOC?
50) In a CIMS coordination centre what function is identified by the colour light blue
51) What is the literal translation of Nga Irirangi Ohotata Tuau
52) How many short term special purpose repeater channels are licensed for the 2 metre band
53) What is the frequency of PRS channel 10
54) What is a power level of 14dbW expressed in Watts
55) What are the ESB band channel numbers and repeater output frequencies of portable repeaters used for Land SAR operations
56) What is the purpose of frequency 156.8MHz
57) What is the licensed maximum power (EIRP) of the CDEM repeater located on Scenic Drive Waiatarua on channel ES135 measured in dbW EIRP
58) What is the name and abbreviation given to the area established for holding resources that are called forward for deployment, for briefings, or to await movement to their task areas.
59) What is a power level of 10dbW expressed in Watts
60) In a CIMS coordination centre what function is identified by the colour yellow
61) What channel do Auckland Coastguard use in the Manukau Harbour
62) What does NEMA stand for
63) Where is the NZ Rescue coordination centre located?
64) What callsign series is allocated to North Shore AREC
65) How many Kilometres in a Nautical mile
66) Where would you find out the owner details for a New Zealand registered aircraft?
67) What is the name of the organisation responsible for coordinating Civil Defence response in Auckland
68) What is the licensed maximum power (EIRP) of the 6625 repeater measured in dbW EIRP
69) What are the two 5MHz frequencies designated for AREC use.
70) What is the name of the volunteer organisation which conducts land search operations for NZ Police
71) What agency is responsible for the coordination of Class 2 Search and Rescue operations
72) What is the name and abbreviation given to the area used for gathering and organising resources at the incident level.
73) What is the AREC calling frequency on the 80 metre band
74) What does the abbreviation PSRFMG mean and what does it do.
75) What does the abbreviation ATOC mean
76) Who is responsible for coordinating searches for missing aircraft over land
77) Who leads an Incident Management Team under CIMS
78) What is the coordinating agency for class 1 search and rescue in NZ
79) What does Paragraph 5(6) of the General User Radio Licence for Amateur Radio Operators say?
80) If you wished to communicate with North Shore AREC comms base callsign ZKC36 during the daytime on a Civil Defence HF channel what frequency would you use.
81) What agency is responsible for maintaining maritime radio services for New Zealand’s coastal waters and the South Pacific.
82) Convert the position 36 degrees 15 minutes South 174 degrees 45 minutes East to decimal degrees format
83) The ITU has designated two frequencies in the HF bands for search and rescue purposes. What are they
84) Where is the Auckland UHF DMR repeater ZL1BQ located
85) What simplex channel is designated for inter-agency liaison in the ESB band